Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Celebrating Ashley with Mojitos




Monday, I was pulling up white tights and buckling patent leather Mary Janes.


Yesterday, I was toasting her 21st Birthday. 

Here's to Ashley .... 
Smart
Beautiful
Funny 
and still my Baby Girl 

.....After all I'm certain Monday night I was tucking her and her 'bitty baby' into bed....

Celebrate her this weekend if you choose with one of my favorite Summer Cocktails 

Mojitos!

10 fresh mint leaves 
1 lime cut into wedges
3 tablespoons sugar or to taste 
ice
club soda 
a shot glass of white rum 

Put the mint leaves and one a lime wedge into a hefty glass. 
Using a muddler crush mint and lime relasing the mint oils and lime juices 
Add a couple more lime wedges & sugar 
Muddle again 
Fill glass with ice
Pour rum over the ice and fill the glass with club soda
Stir well & add additional sugar to taste if needed
Garnish with a lime wedge and an extra mint spring 

Enjoy......







No comments:

Post a Comment