Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Success in the New Year.....



I kicked off the new year with my dear friend Mary Jones, as a guest on the Mary Jones Show.  Mary, along with her guest co-host and life coach Marge Piccini, devoted the entire show to Success.

Mary started the show with the burning question how do you define success .... Marge responded in her usual fashion, with an eloquent, poignant and insightful answer.  I sat back in my seat, sighed a little and thought...."oh boy, Mary, hope you're not looking for a great life lesson from me?!"


Mary then turned to me and asked "how about you Lisa .... define success" I smiled and said the first thing that came to mind.......

"well I guess it depends on the day. Today, success was that I folded a load of laundry and all the socks matched!" 

Honest to Pete I did! Yes, it got a few laughs, but sometimes success is just the simple things in life! I did follow up with my true successes in life, my marriage and my two beautiful kids.  Its amazing that it all falls into place when your priorities are in check. 

Yet even on those successful days when the socks are paired, I get out of the house on time, and I somehow make it through an entire day in white pants without spilling coffee on them ... its not such a bad idea to reconnect with our life goals.  

So as we venture into 2013, lets share our successes and goals! Curious what some of mine are? 
Here's a taste........
Hike the  Presidentials
Blog more Often
(finalize a name for my blog!)
Shop Local & Promote Local Businesses
Network More
Ask my Kids every day to share one thing they're Thankful for 
Eat more Salads

I'd love to hear from you share your success & goals on my Facebook Page or comment below. 
Lets Rock 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment