Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bed Head



It's Hump Day, which means we're at the crest of the work week. I'll admit, I had a heck of a time getting out of bed this morning! It was just so darn warm and cozy under those blankets.  As I hit the snooze alarm for the second time, I contemplated today's blog, the heck with writing about 2013 color of the year, or the amazing fabrics I reviewed yesterday. Lets talk beds!  After all, it certainly was on my mind this morning!

With 20 years of designing interiors under my belt, I have stumbled upon some amazing beds. I'll bet waking up on Hump Day in one of these beauties would make it impossible to get out of bed!



The New Traditionalist Bed No. Twenty One 


The New Traditionalist ........
A Connecticut Company!
This amazing handmade bed  is constructed with North American Black Walnut and Maple. 
Shown here with Bleached Walnut frame and a Dusty Beige Shearling upholstered headboard,
the turned posts feature plum leather detailing. 
Can I just say O.M.G.!

Somerset Bay Frenchtown Bed

Somerset Bay...
Can't you just see yourself curled up in this beauty?
Of course, my linens would be sprayed with Lavender Linen Water from
In O'Scents of Madison!  
I just love Somerset Bay, their pieces have classic lines with modern hues.  All their pieces are available in an array of unique finishes.  Here's the best part, all the finishes are 'flavors'!  This amazing bed's finish is Key Lime Pie. 

Yum!
Theodore Alexander Kalahari Panelled Bed 
This ebonised and Kalahari panelled, with its the curved head and footboard, surely could have been piece found in the Belvedere in NYC.  
A master piece with its inlaid with faux crocodile skin panels, stainless steel mouldings, mounted on stainless steel feet, is simply a work of art. 
Perfect for an Art Deco inspired Design. 


Visit my Pinterest Page for more fun beds!

Here's to Hump Day!











2 comments:

  1. Lisa.....Loved the beds...Talk about bringing Romance..back to life.....Everyone is so distinctive...hard to choose....A different bed for each week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing..This amazing bed's are inspired me alot..keep it up

    hospitality design firms

    ReplyDelete