Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hope



It's Hump Day again, and here in Connecticut, its a balmy 9 degrees this morning. 
Baby it's cold out there! 
Today's blog post is sure to warm your heart......

Hope.

I can't quite put into words exactly the feeling I have when I hear the word.  I know the core of my being is warmed, I can feel a smile wriggling it's way to my lips and in even the most dire situations, I find a glimmer of peace. 



Hope....
When I saw the word Jewels combined with Hope
..... I knew I had found a treasure.

A mother-daughter team, Sandy and Stevie of Jewels for Hope create affordable, fashionable and classy works of art all in the name of charity.  What started out as a small way for Sandy to give back to Hospice after her Mom's passing, has exploded into jewelry gracing the average Joe to Hollywood's Red Carpets.  These dynamic, self taught artists are not only full talent but personality too, which clearly shines through in their 'Statement Necklaces'.  Sandy and Stevie have committed a portion of every sale to charity, which includes close to 25 organizations.  Interesting the more they give, the more success they seem to enjoy.....talk about paying it forward!




Grey & Fuchsia Pearl Necklace 
This gorgeous twisted necklace is one of a kind!

Made with a mixture of Swarovski Pearls, Freshwater Pearls, and Crystal Pearls. The Fuchsia pearls thrown in for a pop of color! Portions of Profits donated to American Cancer Society 
Not Your Grandmother's Pearls
This gorgeous twisted necklace is one of a kind! Not Your Grandmother's Pearls!Made with different cream/white shades of Swarovski Pearls and Swarovski Crystals thrown in for some sparkle. A vintage pendant is worked into the front of the necklace. Portions of Profits donated to Caregiver Fund.
It's so much fun talk shop as one designer to another.  Stevie and I chatted like old friends, I had to know what she thought of the 2013 Color of the Year, Emerald.  A color I'm honestly having some difficultly warming up to!  My feeling is small doses of this color are fine in interior design.....
 I guess great minds think alike! Stevie felt the same. 
She is predicting layering and stacking of bracelets will remain hot and big chunky necklaces are winners.  It's no secret I love upcycling, and Stevie and Sandy are doing their share of it too.  Many of the Statement Necklaces are old costume jewelry spun into beautiful works of art! 


Pink Wire Necklace with Vintage Pendant
Portions of this beauty are donated to Paint the Town Pink 

Saturday I need to dig through some costume jewelery..... 
Stay tuned and see what Sandy & Stevie create for me! 








1 comment:

  1. Lisa ...wonderful of you to share...an inspiration for all of us....

    Dyan Salemi

    ReplyDelete