Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Favorite Things …. 2013




The garlands are dusted with snow, the tree is ... well ... not decorated but the lights are on it!  My cookbooks are stacked & the grocery list is made. 
I'm thinking, "Christmas Spirit.  Yep, I'm getting there!" Then I remember, none, that's nada, zlicho .... of my Christmas shopping is done. 
My overly organized, planned friends and family are in sheer panic mode for me right now.  To the average on looker, I seem surprisingly calm.  Reality check .... I'm a little panicked!   

Right now I need Maria to coming running through the hills singing My Favorite Things .... It's always amazing to me that this song, the message and the distraction of thinking and remembering some of my treasured things ... can so easily lighten my mood.  

The corners of my mouth are turning up as I begin to think about sharing with you this years list of my favorite things.  Enjoy!

CT River Candles 

CT River Candles 

I love candles.  The soft glow, the dancing light, the scents .... 

Brenda of CT River Candles creates simple soy wonders in fragrances that are light and refreshing.  Soy candles don't create those nasty toxins that paraffin candles do, they burn longer and are made from the renewable source of soy beans.  

Its easy to see why these candles are on my Favorite Things list this Holiday Season.  Check Brenda out, follow her fun little blog with scent updates, candle care and more... I promise you won't be disappointed!  

Kims Cottage Confections

I just think this is SO cool! (giggle)

O.M.G. Love these!

Kim is literally in my backyard.  Right now I can look over my shoulder and see her bakery windows glowing!  In the warmer months, when the smell of baked goods seep up the hill, I have to chain myself to my Studio so I don't wander down for a treat or two!  

This year Kim is back on my Favorite Things list with two items!  First with chocolate truffles, who doesn't love chocolate?!  I ordered these up for a VIP event this fall and they were an amazing hit!  , my absolute favorite new item from her shop are her sugar cookies frosted with images!  I had her magically embed my holiday logo to share with clients! 

If you didn't get out to visit Kim last year for her white chocolate covered popcorn, can't imagine why you didn't, check her out this year, you're never too far from Kim's Cottage Confections she'll ship anywhere! 

Serenity Goat Milk Soaps

Isn't this molded soap just so neat?

This one is near and dear to my heart.  Aleta & John of Serenity Goat Milk Soaps have created something very special.  For full disclosure, I'm a little bias about my love for these soaps, after all Aleta & John are family! These soaps are crafted here in Durham at my family homestead, with milk from my sisters farm, Utter Works. This newly established company is off to a great start!  Serenity is offering  11 marvelous scents, and of course an unscented oatmeal option. I'm totally over the moon for the molded soaps, the doe & kid is my favorite.  

Simply packaged, these soaps make great hostess gifts, stocking stuffers and grab bag shares!  Go ahead, give them a try.  I have a bar at every sink .... 

In O'Scents of Madison 

perfect ….. 

The vivacious, exuberant, and spirited Dyan of In O'Scents of Madison is once again on my Favorite Things list this year.  This time of year when the cold chills me to the bone and the dry air draws every ounce of moisture from my skin, I turn to Dyan for remedies!  I just love her bath tea bags, I draw a steamy bath, let one of her scented bags seep for a few moments then slide in.  The aroma swirls around my head, my bones thaw and all is well.  Just before I'm climbing into bed (where my linens have been graced with Dyan's Lavendar Linen Spray)  and I start dreaming of sugar plumbs dancing in my head, I apply one of Dyan's lotions, and all is well. 

Dyan customizes beautiful gift packages, they are the perfect way to remember that someone special this holiday season


When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad…

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment