Monday, December 2, 2013

Move over Big Box Stores ....




I don’t make it a secret I love my small town of Durham.  My town offers so many hidden treasures that are mistakenly overlooked! This week I’ve taken on the task of being Durham’s Personal Shopper. Coming up on Saturday December 7th, The Durham  Economic Development Commission is continuing its commitment to small businesses with a Holiday Stroll Event.  As your personal shopper, I will be highlighting various businesses with some of my fabulous finds! See if I found the perfect gift for you, after all doesn’t everyone want to be that ultimate gift giver? 

Durham Healthmart Pharmacy

321 Main Street 
860.349.3478

A little hometown lovin'
Nothing like coffee or tea in a Durham Mug!
Carol & Walters Holiday gift to you!
With Purchases over $25.00*
Carol & Walter are so much more than your local stop for prescriptions.  Over the years I’ve found some great gifts for clients, friends and family here!  Carol has a very unique array of gifts, something for everyone.  I personally love their Durham pottery, it has been a perfect way for me to share a piece of Durham with friends and family! Following along the theme of where I'm from, Carol offers an array of sweatshirts & t-shirts from Durham and of course UConn!  
Make sure you stop in Saturday, Carol has a gift for you too.  For a minimum purchase of $25.00 (*excluding rx's) receive a snazzy scarf, after last years winter who couldn't use an extra scarf?  

Colors of the Wind

360 Main Street 
860.788.2514

The perfect base for a hostess gift! 

Janet is celebrating her first Anniversary! This is an unique consignment shop, highlighting not only gently used items on consignment but also, beautifully handcrafted items. I had a lovely time gathering together a grouping to create a beautiful gift basket with Janet.  I'm just over the moon for the handmade bowls shown here on the right. These free form beauties are safe for use with food and dishwasher safe!  I paired the bowl with a set of wine glasses, and hand made chocolates.  Who can resist chocolate!  I finished the grouping off with handwoven dishtowels, cinnamon dipped candles and wallah, I have a beautiful base to a perfect hostess gift.  Make sure you stop by and visit Colors of the Wind Saturday  have a cupcake and wish Janet another year of successes!



Wild Wisteria 

354 Main Street
860.349.1550

Sonoma gifts ... made in the USA 
Tammy is a wizard! If you haven't made your way into her shop you are missing out on one of Durham's finest establishments.  Every nook and cranny is filled with a little something special. Her wreaths and arrangements are truly works of art that are the perfect complement to many homes, pair these with some of her amazing accessories, you'll find it hard to walk out without bags of treasures.

Pay attention gentlemen if you're wondering how to wow the ladies in your life, look no further! Sonoma Lavender, give her the rare opportunity to paper herself! After a long day, these soothing aromatic neck pillows, spa masks, spa slipper or heat wraps will be the gift that keeps on giving.  Here's my favorite part .... all made in the USA.
While your at Tammy's shop ask her about 'poo-porri' ... it's my one of my favorite find (giggle!)

Watch for more great shopping ideas as the week continues .... 
Move over Big Box Stores!








No comments:

Post a Comment